Wednesday, November 30, 2011

OPEN LETTER & RECENT DRAWINGS

      
It’s the end of  my the first year with this site and I wanted to let you know what a very good connection it’s been for me. Your comments and personal emails have been thoughtful and useful. Painters, writers and everyone else doing the real work in art know how difficult it can be to just keep going, to stay committed in spite of the ups and downs of  the enterprise. I hope you have enjoyed the ideas & images presented here. I certainly have enjoyed sharing them with you. The entries will continue in the new year, and  for as long as I can manage to find something worthwhile to send to you.  If there’s anything you want to see more of in future postings, please let me know. I’m more than willing to address any thing connected to drawing and painting that may  be of interest to you. If you know of anyone else who might be interested in the site, please send me their contact information or  pass along a link to them.

Cheers,
Tom Maderos



RECENT DRAWINGS:

The first two images are studies for one of the figure paintings in a series I’m currently at work on. The rest are smaller sketchbook drawings. I hope to have one or more of the “Artist & Model” paintings ready for display in January.

"Artist & Model -Black & White" oil & chalk on canvas, 36"x36"





"Artist & Model -Study "  (acrylic on paper)

"In Thought"
"Man On A Bench"
"Spinner"

1 comment:

  1. Tom,

    I don't comment as often as I should, but I always enjoy reading your blog and seeing the new work. Keep up the good work!

    Can you add sizes to the images?

    Love what's happening with the complex space on Artists and Model #3 on canvas.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete